Nov 7 2017
PHP is the most popular programming language used in the web development. This is due to the flexibility, ease of use and open source.
PHP has become the most preferred language for development of websites because of the following reasons:
- It is the most suitable language for execution of programming functions due to the fact that PHP supports over 900 functions for error handling, filesystem, xml, mail, parser, etc., thereby reducing complexities of programming for the programmers.
- PHP supports wide range of databases which includes Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL, Informix & Generic ODBC.
- PHP coding is easily customizable & web programmers can modify the coding as per their requirements with many forums and groups to discuss errors that creep in at the time of development.
- Most popular CMS systems like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Opencart, Prestashop & Zencart are developed using PHP.
- Nowadays clients want dynamic sites developed using PHP which provides numerous in-built applications & scripts.
- It runs on different platforms like Unix, Linux & Windows and has compatibility with servers such as IIS and Apache.
- In contrast to ASP.Net or Java, PHP has no requirement of having any specific framework for development. In PHP, web applications could be created using any type of IDE, installed local host and platform.
We can conclude by saying that PHP is a secure, contemptible, reliable & fast option for website design development which most web developers use nowadays.